Sunday, February 24, 2013

Changes, Taxes, Work, etc

This was quite a weekend for me! Wow. Where do I start....
It started with finally getting everything to file my taxes; a time when most are sickly nervous until the final results. I, on the other hand, look forward to it!! All year long, I make sure to take advantage of the tax breaks our government offers. I have to admit that I was sure I would get a refund - but the question was how much? I did my best with what little money we had during my Mat leave. I've said it before, I never wanted to say that I did nothing while off work - I went to school! Of course I reaped the rewards of claiming a dependent (Adriana), plus school and I did work for a few weeks before the deadline. Needless to say - Adriana and I will officially be going to Newfoundland this summer!!

While waiting for my taxes to be done, I decided to keep myself occupied. By getting a hair cut. Its been awhile and it was totally necessary! I really just wanted a trim but of course that never happens. I gave strict instructions that if he cut my hair short he would have to deal with my 6'4" boyfriend. Not a pretty site. I'm not going to lie.....it was nerve racking watching him poke around with his scissors. A little off here, a little off there. In the end it was something like 6-8" gone and now I am bald. Okay, I'm not bald but it feels like it! I haven't had my hair this short since....since grade 4 I think!! I will admit it feels better, feels lighter than before. Still undecided on whether I completely like it.

We have settled on a day care for Adriana. Its exciting and necessary for her. It's close to our house, its a very clean place and the lady is really nice. She will be with another boy who is 17mths old for most of the day - there are twins for half a day but go to school for the rest. I think this will be good for her! She's a sociable baby and I think a different environment is good for her. She will be in good hands - I think. It will definitely be a change for us. I mean, one of us was always with her for the past year; if not both! She will learn so much. This day care will also allow us to still keep that family time I keep talking about. I still refuse to work more in order to survive. Family time is more important to me than any amount of money....

Adriana has learned a new thing - she is absolutely fascinated by prop bombs. Its simply where you give props but it explodes lol This seriously made her day on Saturday. She is so into that she goes around the room to each person, holding out her fist so they can make the prop bomb. She even tried to do it to her 6mth old cousin, Audrey!! Too freaking funny. I swear this little girl is the best thing that ever happened to us. Recently, I was reminded of when I was young and had similar characteristics as Adriana. I made people want to have babies - just like Adriana does. I read the email and I was surprised that I actually remember the day. I have to admit that every time I read these emails, I tear up. Not because I'm sad - I miss the sender. I wish they could be a part of Adriana, more than just through emails. We have plans to visit but not until the next summer. This year is East coast, next year will be West coast. I look forward to that time!

No comments:

Post a Comment