Sunday, March 24, 2013

Easter, A new month, New changes, New everything

Easter is just a week away!! I'm pretty sure I'm more excited this year for the holidays than I was last year. It gets better and better!! Adriana is such a good sport for letting me wear Easter Bunny ears on her while waiting for the bus. She has an Easter basket this year too - filled with funny eggs and will have a beautiful spring dress from Mommy and Daddy. We could never forget her Aunt Kim and Uncle Tim in Australia. They are giving her a cute utility dress for our trip to Newfoundland in July. I even got a special Easter bag that we will give her each year with their gift....at least until they get back! :)

We have officially booked our trip - will be leaving July 27-August 3rd. It will be Adriana's first plane ride, first trip to NFLD, first for a lot of things. Wish me luck. Even though we will have my dad, uncle, Ian, aunt and uncle...its just Mommy and Adriana! I will have to do some shopping before we leave: such things as some clothes, running shoes, a carry on bag for Adriana (something she can pull herself with a few of my things in it!) and some gifts of course! I am really excited to go back "home"....its been awhile. I know my grandparents are super excited to finally meet her. The pictures we post on Facebook just don't do justice! See you in July Nan and Pop!!

April is just around the corner - this means its the boyfriends birthday soon. Last year I had a friend make him a 3D football helmet cake of his favourite team; Denver Broncos. This year he said he didn't care for another specialty cake but he has his heart on a few ideas. Of course I'm not going to post on here what they are....it would just give it away, but I promise its going to be good!! I am sneaky sneaky and will make sure its a surprise. Again!

Adriana starts daycare tomorrow!! She went on Friday for an hour to play with the other kids. It was hard for us. We have never left her with someone we didn't know before - ever! We knew it would be hard but it was a must. I at least had work to preoccupy myself with for awhile - the boyfriend, not so much. He planned a haircut and then drove around for awhile. I wonder how a whole week is going to go for him? Love you baby.

Its spring time and that means its almost back to work for the boyfriend. Which also means more money coming in! My mind says SPEND SPEND SPEND! but my heart says SAVE SAVE SAVE. So to refocus my priorities, I've been working out some numbers and goals. Completely achievable goals at 2years and 5years. We have been renting for a few years now and really....it sucks. We end up with crappy neighbours, housing problems, and other issues out of our control. So its decided - we're saving for a house. Nothing else matters to us more than having our own home. We have listed it as a 2year goal and decided some other things can wait for a little longer; like a wedding :) It was a hard decision but a home of our own was at the top of the list more than anything. So, here we go, saving a high amount in a short amount of time is our best option and will inevitably pay off. We have even looked at houses in Mississauga so we're still in the same city. I refuse to move out of the city...its just not for me. We know what we will get for what money and it will work for us. Its not a forever home - but it will be a starter - which is good enough for us now. I can't wait to see where we are in a few months!!

I really believe that things are starting to come together for us. We got off track for awhile, being young and having fun, but now we have a family and nothing is more important to us. We are a goal setting, money saving, fun loving family! I made sure to set goals that were planned out well enough that we really can't fail. If we stick with it and save accordingly (I even broke it down by week for the boyfriend and bi weekly for me so it falls with our pay days!). We will revisit the goals after 3mths to see where we are at and then again every 3mths after that too. It will keep us headed in the right direction :) Very exciting for us!!



How did you handle the first day of daycare?
How did you keep yourself occupied?
What new and exciting things are planned for your family?
Have you set a path for achieving these goals?

No comments:

Post a Comment