Friday, March 8, 2013

The Constant Change of Change

Well I've had quite a very eventful week and a bit!! I last wrote about the changes happening and it has actually changed AGAIN! You can never be fully prepared for anything. An opportunity came about that potentially could change our lives. It will open the door to other things to really get our life going...

I have been working for a few months since the end of my maternity leave. As much of a change that has been in itself, I have accepted a new position that offers all the bells and whistles....full time, permanent, benefits, more money, etc. As of Monday, I will be on my new adventure in the working world! I must say, starting a new job is fill with mixed emotions; excitement, fear, uneasiness, happiness, joy, overwhelming, etc.....But definitely something that I am looking forward to. I already had plans to start school again and I will in May - Supply Chain Management. I am excited about this program, considering all my experience in Transportation!

Adriana has been just a doll, of course! She was recently taught by (my) Uncle Gary to stick out her tongue - Rockstar styles! Its adorable but I've been warned that it may come back to bite me in the ass  butt. I will deal with that when the time comes lol She's been talking a lot more and we're trying to get her to start saying "Thanks". She has said it a few times and I'm confident she's dropped the 'H' a few of them too. She has been giving big hugs to this GIANT teddy bear, talking to him and poking his red nose. We put him in her crib last night and she fell asleep right next to him!! We think she has another tooth coming too! She has the constant drooling, but still a good appetite. Happy as can be like always!
Recently, I went to visit a friend of mine and Adriana came to play with her son. These two were together all summer and even so often we try to get together so they can play while we catch up! I really believe it was an isolated incident - Adriana is no bully - but it still freaked me out! The kids were playing in the living room while I was highlighting my friends hair by the kitchen table. Everything was going well, they were following each other, laughing, dancing, etc. Until we heard "Ahh ahhh ahhhh" from Hunter.... He was leaning into their ottoman that has a hinged cover and Adriana decided to close it on him - and press down, basically squishing him!! I freaked out and ran over to help him. Seriously....he's basically one of her only friends and she's trying to hurt him! Craziness I tell you....poor big guy. I felt so bad!! Erin....I'm sorry again!!



For the past month we have been trying different shellfish with Adriana. Clams, shrimp, scallops, etc. She loves them all and no reactions!! We want to keep her trying new foods and reentering those foods so she gets used to them. So far she's enjoying everything and has started to "dip" things. We give her ketchup with her nuggets, garlic sauce with her pizza, seafood sauce for her shrimp and scallops. Sometimes.....she prefers to eat the dips rather than her food but by the end the plate is cleared and she's full :) So we don't make a big deal that she tries to pick the ketchup up with her fingers lol

As my week has ended, I look forward to a great weekend of preparing my wardrobe for my new role - possibly adding some new items to go with my hot pink blazer ;) I look forward to family time. To a new beginning...

No comments:

Post a Comment