Monday, May 20, 2013

May 2-4 Weekend Update

Seriously readers....where the heck do I start?! I guess when you have a toddler your weekends go by at lightning speed and POOF its Monday Tuesday again!!
Friday night was a quiet but the boyfriend and I had to get up early to head to the Passport Office. Adriana stayed the night at my parents house so that it was a bit easier waiting in the line up - good idea! We got there about 40mins before it opened and was waiting in a line up that wrapped around the corner and down an alley and back again! It was definitely worth the wait though - took only 30mins once they were open. The boyfriend and I have officially filed for a passport but Little Miss Adriana will have to wait until we get her "Long form birth certificate" --> BOLOGNA! They just made this change yet when printing the forms there was no such note to the specifics of a birth certificate for a baby. Regardless, we will send hers in the mail and just wait the 3 weeks instead. No big deal I guess.

It was a beautiful day to be outside the entire weekend!! The first May 2-4 weekend with great weather in awhile, I think. It usually rains or much colder than the 25degreesC we hit today. Please keep it coming Mother Nature. I also was able to get some colour this weekend. Not proud of my farmer's tan or red shoulders but I do appreciate the lack of raccoon eyes and no sandal lines on my feet!

Sunday we filled up Adriana's pool and tried out her new bathing suit. I've been waiting to get her into it for about 2 weeks now! She looks adorable - don't you think?! Can never go wrong with a halter top onesie Lol

She knows the difference between her bathing suit and her regular clothes too. She was all for letting me get her into her bathing suit but when it was time to put her regular clothes on.....it was a different story!

She basically spent the day in her bathing suit and no shoes. *sigh* the life of  a toddler........I'm jealous.

The boyfriend spent about 6hrs (no word of a lie) cutting the grass in the backyard! Poor guy. I offered help while Adriana napped but he was determined to do it by himself. Amazing man I tell you. We sit on about half an acre and most of it is the backyard!! We want to start having backyard fires and bbqs again, so we want to get a head start on the lawn so maybe in a few weeks we can have some people over for drinks, food and a fire. Plus now Adriana can run around out there too! Wait for the invite ;)

Today was even hotter than yesterday! After some food at the mall (it was the only thing open!) I sent my mom a message "Fill up the pool. We're coming over!" and we did just that. A quick stop at home to grab some things and let the dog out, then we were off for some cool down time in the kiddie pool.
 Having some frozen yogurt with Gran - Yum Yum!
 Cooling off in the pool
 Just mowing the lawn with my new Bubble Maker Lawn Mower!!
 Hanging out in my chair just like Grandad - can't sit still though!!
 Makeshift tent out of a blanket and her new slide! She loved it....I will be backyard tenting many times this year!

Adriana had such a blast this weekend!! She was spoiled with love and food like always!!

If you're looking for something to brighten your day, then may I suggest watching this video:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151341420267134&l=8183146257042038533
 If this didn't put a smile on your face.........then it must be REALLY bad!

No comments:

Post a Comment