Sunday, October 27, 2013

Happy Halloween 2013



The weekend was another busy one! It doesn’t seem to be slowing down any time soon. Lord help me. My Aunt and Uncle are here from Newfoundland for a visit. They will be staying for 3 weeks – 2 weeks here and 1 week down south! We just saw them in the summer but its always nice to see them again. This is my uncle who coincidently came for a visit the day after Adriana was born.  Almost 2 years later and she is just as excited to see him! All week she was asking “where’s Boyd? Where’s Ursie?” On Friday morning I explained they were coming and we would visit after daycare. She replied “Yayy Boyd!...and Ursie!” lol After work I went to my mom’s house – the boyfriend picked up Adriana and we were meeting there. Adriana must have been super excited because when the phone rang she thought it was Boyd. 

“Hello? Boyd?” she walked around saying.

Adriana was finally served her dish of Boyd and Urs shortly thereafter. We do like to remind her of certain people who she has met before. She builds this relationship with pictures, videos or stories from us and when she sees them again, she’s not as shy to say HI! This has been something we’ve done for a number of people already and it works like a charm! She is more inclined to run over for a hug or even just say Hi (and their name). We love that she is a “people person” although at times she is shy – more cautious than anything.
Adriana is a very lucky girl! She was blessed with a gift from a friend. A play kitchen! At her daycare there are about 3 different play kitchens and I always find her playing with them when I pick her up. I’ve been thinking of getting her one for a while but waiting for Christmas or her Birthday. A friend was trying to get rid of one to make room for another gift so I was ALL OVER THAT! Free? Don’t mind if I do! Adriana now has the classic corner kitchen set from Fisher Price along with all the classic accessories. She has the same Pots and pans as I had as a kid! Plus the classic McDonald’s Happy Meal and Hot Cakes sets. She hasn’t even touched her other toys – good time to purge and give to Goodwill!!

We only have a few swimming lessons left and then Adriana will be on to the next one! We are thinking of continuing in the new year so by summer she will be a full fledge swimmer! We are going to get her a life jacket of her own to use at public pools, friend’s houses or the cottage. We encourage her to love the water but she is wary of it which is still good. Next year at this time, Adriana will most likely be starting Preschool classes. Which means I won’t be in the pool with her J As much as I love it, she needs to learn to swim on her own. One step at a time though. 

This week is hopefully not as busy as the others have been. I need to start catching up on my sleep! Exhausted doesn’t even begin to explain how I feel! I am trying to get to bed early but it’s the sleeping part that is difficult. I am into a new relaxing tea which helps me sleep but I don’t always feel like a tea at night! The cold weather tends to make that easier for me. I have tried Sleepy Time tea by Celeste and now I am using the Tazo Zen tea K-cups! Love my Keurig :)

Christmas is on its way!! Less than 2 months to go people! Are you ready? Just kidding – still plenty of time for shopping. My personal plan is to take advantage of Black Friday, which has started to hit Canada. I hope more retailers participate in offering Canadians the great deals offered in the States. Last year Best Buy had a GREAT sale online and I will be watching out for it this year too. I figured if I could get most of my shopping done that weekend – I’m golden.

I have started to put things aside for Adriana (the kitchen set was a special gift). There is also a Wish List via Toys R Us for her already started by me to give people ideas of what she may need. Obviously clothes are a given so closer to the date I will list her sizes for family. I’m excited for her second Christmas!! It gets better every year I hear….

Look at me…talking about Christmas before even mentioning Halloween!! It’s only a few days away now and Little Missy will be……..
 
A BEE!!!

I got it this weekend and she saw the package. Adriana started waving her hands in the air saying “Bee bee no bee go away bee. Bee bee bee bee!” Lol Clearly she’s ready to be a Bee! I can’t wait. We will probably just go to a few houses on our street as soon as we get home from daycare. She will be too tired for anything more! As she gets older she will do more houses – we have a great neighbourhood for Trick or Treating. It will be great for her to show off her costume and get candy for the first time! Last year she was a strawberry and sick! Hopefully that doesn’t happen again this time so she can enjoy the time out.




No comments:

Post a Comment