Friday, June 8, 2012

My Sister is Leaving for Australia Today

I have had quite the week. I have been preparing myself for the biggest change of my life. Nope, not the baby, or moving, or anything like that. I needed to prepare myself for my big sister leaving for Australia! This is not a vacation or a visit - she's moving there for a year or more. It has been something I have pushed away so I could enjoy our time together but now that day has come and I'm a mess!!
She leaves in less than 30mins for the airport and all I've been doing is breaking out in tears thinking about how long she'll be gone for. What if she leaves and decides to stay forever....Aussie is verrrryyyyyy far! I could understand a vacation, just to see how she likes it. Her and her new fiancee are picking up their things and moving there! That's just crazy if you ask me!
On the otherhand, this will be a great experience for them! They will learn new things, taste new food, drink fabulous wine...oopsie! I wish them all the best in their travels and I hope they come back soon. Skype will be the best of friends for us. It will be the only way she can see Adriana - see her grow, learn new skills, TALK! I can`t wait :)
I think that is the hardest part of her leaving. Knowing how much she will miss in a year with her Goddaughter. Adriana will be walking, talking, running, potty trained, solid food, etc all by the time she gets back. She is young enough that it won`t be that hard for her, but its been very hard on her mommy!

Have you ever moved across the world or country? Have you ever had to say good bye to someone? How did you handle the situation? Did you go to the airport to see them off?

No comments:

Post a Comment