Monday, August 12, 2013

Toddler Hair Craze, Learn to Relax

Its been a week since our trip and we're both still adjusting. I find that Adriana and I are sleeping more in order to get back on the same schedule. I need to sleep for a week straight if I could - I know Adriana could!

An update on Adriana's Toddler bed: So far she's been doing amazing!! We found her on the floor next to her bed with Cookie Monster twice. Both times she climbed out (not fall!) and laid down on the floor instead of back in the bed. No big deal - she loves her "big girl bed". She will tell people about her bed if they ask her about it. She seems proud to be at this stage :D I am a Happy Mommy.

OK. Am I the only Mommy that has some serious problems with their daughter's hair? I'm not just talking first thing in the morning either. Adriana has beautiful curls and sometimes they're just insane to tame! I've tried hair clips but she pulls them out, pony tails - pulls out, headbands - pulls off! I really don't want to cut her hair just yet. If I do, she will lose her curls for sure!! Any suggestions???

 Example of a good hair day for Adriana! She was taking pictures for Auntie Kim again
 Sliced Steak cooked in butter with pepper, sitting on a bed of lettuce and tomato with Ranch Dressing over top - DELICIOUS!!
 Adriana wearing her flower belt - she loved it!!
 $1 drinks at Mc Donald's - she was really thirsty!! ps. its iced tea NOT pop
She's all geared up for the Zoo in a few weeks! I got her this zoo hat last year when we took her and she never wore it until now - she must be excited lol
______________________________________

Sometimes you need to just sit back and Relax. Breathe. Think. Being a Mommy (or Daddy) can be a hard job. Probably the hardest job out there! But at the same time it can be the most rewarding. Throughout all my babysitting jobs, I always knew I wanted to be a mother. There wasn't anything that could change my mind. No matter the amount of dirty diapers, tantrums, tears, throw up, etc. I knew in my heart it was definitely something for me.

I have a lot of love for children, and now that I have one of my very own I really could not ask for anything more. I believe this was my calling all along. Adriana was planned but we never expected her personality to woo us over the way that it has. I still agree that babies change you: either for the better or for the worst. It is what you make it. Of course its not easy but you don't give up the first time he/she spits up on you, or cries, or throws a tantrum. That's all part of being a parent. It is just the not so glamorous part!

Take your time and remember they are learning too. Learn to have an abundance of patience stored away for those less appealing times and enjoy the good times as is. Learn to laugh more with your child, join in the goofiness of their ways, encourage independence and more importantly - LOVE. Love not just your child but your spouse and yourself. These are the people who make your day real. Don't worry about work - its work. Don't worry about society - its overrated anyways!!

No comments:

Post a Comment