Monday, December 10, 2012

Daddy Daycare

I have been back to work for a few weeks now. Which means my boyfriend will be the full time caretaker for the next few months! I've written before about Letting Men Become Dads and how important it is for your child to have bonding time with them. I have to admit that although I was a bit nervous at first....it really didn't take long to ease up! This was our first baby and despite having little to no experience with babies prior to Adriana, I must say my boyfriend has really taken on the role of being a DAD. Adriana approves!


I was worried he wouldn't keep her on the same schedule lol This was a big thing for me since she was so used to doing things a certain way and I didn't want Adriana to be all out of sorts while I had to go to work. That little girl had has so much fun with her Daddy!! Seriously....for all the times we went to the mall or to the Ontario Early Years Centers or Tim Horton's for lunch, she really loved spending time with her Dad! It was probably harder for me to let go than for her lol I never once had a concern about her health or food choices - it was the amount of playtime; specifically television time.

My first week back was hard enough because of the early hours but it was nice to come home and not have the home look like a tornado ran through it! Dishes are done, laundry is going, Little Missy has been fed appropriately, Tyson is laying on the couch. All I have to do is work something up for dinner! Not a bad deal considering everything. It really made my transition to the working world better knowing I don't have to come home and do all that normal stuff all the time! Note to Dads: Please consider the amount of pressure Mommy has when returning to work after SEVERAL months of being a so called "housewife" - laundry, vacuuming, dusting, diapers, dishes, beds, dog, Christmas tree, groceries, pictures, etc. The list goes on. To my boyfriend, Thank you!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment