Sunday, December 16, 2012

I Went a Little Crazy This Year

OMG.....Christmas is just over a week away!

I really thought I was going to be one of those people who waited until the very last minute to do their shopping. I figured with me having to go back to work, a new baby, bad weather, lack of energy, and everything else, that I would be just too overwhelmed! As much of that is true....I somehow found the energy to do a little at a time. I'm not going to lie, I truly took advantage of Black Friday deals in Canada. Half my shopping was done by the end of November. The rest was fairly simple. A gift card here, some toys there....and BAM its done! But the hardest part is wrapping it all - for some. I LOVE WRAPPING PRESENTS!!
Seriously people...L-O-V-E it! It makes me think about the surprise people get on that special day. I also enjoy seeing all the presents all wrapped together in one big pile. Makes me proud! I was able to buy gifts for everyone on my list. A sense of accomplishment. Its wonderful, especially when you really feel like you never had the time to do it all!

This year I might have gone a bit crazy....

Not in the head but shopping wise. I don't know how many times I said "Adriana is all done for Christmas" and then go out and buy something else for her. Yesterday I spent another $100 on clothes for her! I totally justified it in my head - She would look SOOOO cute in this....
Which only lead to several outfits, sleepers, chocolate, another toy, and one tired Mommy! I just want to make sure she has a special Christmas every year just like I did. After all this shopping...I'm probably going to have a hard time getting her a birthday present!!
Tomorrow we get her invitations and our Christmas cards...yes I know I'm cutting it close! Most people are around during the Holidays that I can hand deliver them. Others will have to understand this is my first family Christmas...I promise next year will be better!! Thank you in advance :)

We have somewhat finalized our plans for the Holidays this year. Those we don't get to see at Christmas, we hope to see you at Adriana's Birthday! We start with The Ellis family gathering on Sunday for some food, company and presents. Then Christmas Eve will be a family tradition again of going to church, then relaxing with some wine and food. Christmas day will be the BUSIEST day of our entire year. Every year. First an early breakfast with Nana, Aunt Laura, Uncle Jay and cousins Aiden and Audrey. Exchange our gifts then quickly walk back down the street (they live 8houses away!) and open our gifts at home. We will get all dolled up and head over to my parents house. We will open presents while we cook Jigs dinner. Some Christmas music on in the background while we play with our new gifts and munch on candy until dinner is served early evening.
 No Christmas would be complete without the hour long photoshoot in front of the tree of all the couples and families. This should be interesting for Adriana. As much as she loves her picture being taken, I'm not sure how she will do when its 3 cameras at once?


Regardless of how we spend our Christmas this year, it has always been a great one. I am beyond excited for Adriana...for many years to come! I really hope she loves everything we got her and the presents from everyone else! I specifically cleaned out her closet and dresser to make room for new clothes!! As well as planned some great storage solutions for everything else. There is going to be one spoiled little girl this holiday season.....Love You Adriana More Than Anything!!!!

Thank to Aunt Laura for Adriana's beautiful new hat! It looks awesome on her :) I always keep all the handmade gifts from people. This will definitely go in the box after this winter!!

No comments:

Post a Comment