Monday, December 24, 2012

Happy Holidays 2012

 The 2012 Holiday Season is a big deal for my family. It is Adriana's very FIRST Christmas! She hasn't been able to experience the true holiday spirit of giving thanks, family and friends, presents, FOOD, or all the decorations. She doesn't quite understand it but she is definitely fascinated by the decorations! I am thankful she's been gentle enough to our tree (and others) that its still standing on this Christmas Eve Day. Very Thankful!

It has been a busy few days already but its one thing we love about Christmas. We get to see the family we don't see very often. We get to eat as much food as our little tummy can handle! and of course we get lots of presents too :D So far I think Adriana is loving the holidays and we're not even there yet! She was pretty darn good yesterday with people around from my boyfriend's side of the family. It was nice to see everyone after a few months. She was friendly to everyone - went around and said "hey!" to each cousin, aunt, uncle and great grandparents :) There was great food (as always) and found out my boyfriend's Gran makes Lemon Squares....MY FAVOURITE! They were delicious.

Today it will a little more low key. We plan to spend time together as a family and later take Adriana to her first Christmas mass as a tradition. The same thing we always did when we were young. After church we will most likely spend it with my sister's in-laws. We don't see them often either! Tomorrow will be by far the busiest day. IT'S CHRISTMAS!! We start with possibly the earliest rise since I was 7yrs old for Christmas morning. Heading down the street to see my boyfriend's mom, sister in law, his brother and their kiddies for breakfast. Exchange gifts and head back down to our house to open our own with Adriana. Then we will get ready and head over to my parents house for the night. This is the part my mom is REALLY looking forward too.

I know Christmas isn't all about presents (they are nice though!) and we want Adriana to remember the true meaning of the holidays. Its nice to receive gifts but its never expected. It's about being together as a family and enjoying the time you do have. No work, no phones, no computers....just family time. This is the one holiday I look forward to more than my own birthday every year! I know Adriana will have a difficult time between the two since they're only 11days apart! Once we get through the holidays - Her birthday is just around the corner. Since this is her FIRST birthday....I started planning in November lol I hope its everything she wants and more!!


From my family to yours....Happy Holidays Everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment