Saturday, January 5, 2013

Happy Birthday Adriana

On Christmas I reflected on the year before. Who was around, what we did, what presents we got, how excited we were to become parents. On New Years Eve, we reflected on the year before and how we tried everything under the sun to get Adriana to be the FIRST baby of 2012. Clearly, nothing worked but a few days later she was finally on her way!
I still remember exactly how everything happened. What was said, how I felt, how my boyfriend felt, and how long it all took! Lol It was definitely a day we will never forget. It was a day that changed our lives forever. Today we celebrate that day :)

Exactly one year ago today, at 6:28am, our beautiful little princess was born. She was perfect in every way. Weighing in at 7lbs and 12oz and 21" long, she had the most perfect little face, perfect little fingers and perfect little toes. She was amazing. I remember when my boyfriend spoke to her the first time, she looked over at him and knew that was her Daddy. I held her close to my heart where she felt warm and she knew that I was her Mommy. Adriana was now our beautiful baby girl who evidently would change our lives from that moment on in ways we would never expect. She changed it for the better.

One year later, she has learned so many things. Shes talking all the time (only we don't always understand her!), she is walking all by herself now (a recent trick she pulled a few weeks ago), she definitely has her Dad's appetite too! At her last doctor's visit she weighed in at 22lbs (10kgs) and still hitting the 85th percentile. She is a tall girl too, coming in the 97th percentile for height. At just a year old, Adriana is wearing 18-24mths and size 4 shoes! Definitely like her Daddy.

We always knew we would have cute babies. Biased? I know but seriously. Cute but never thought...ever thought she would be THIS cute! I mean...those blue eyes. Kill me every time and she got them from ME! Her sweet personality that's already forming is just amazing. She thinks she is the funniest thing in the world and I love it. She is such a happy baby and everyone sees it when they meet her. Of course she has her fussy moments...what baby doesn't? They definitely don't happen often and usually fixed with some food or a nap!

Adriana, from Mommy and Daddy - we love you more than anything else in this world. You have made us better people, a better couple, and completed our family...for now ;) We want you to continue growing, learning, and laughing like you do. You are so smart baby girl and I hope for big things to come your way. The possibilities are endless for you darling. Always remember that. We love you to pieces!! xoxo
 Cake and Cupcakes from L.C. Creations - Love her work!!
 Aunt Jill and Uncle Pat help open her first gift before he heads off to work
 CAKE FACE!!
 Kiddies! Adriana, Hunter and my niece Audrey
 Yum Yum Food!
 Mommy and the Birthday Girl :) xoxo
 Just chillin in her new pink wagon from Gran and Grandad
 Adriana in her birthday tutu....love it!!
 Birthday girl opening presents
 Playing with a few balloons
 Adriana with Grandad - boy he loves her!
 Decorations, food, cake, presents and people - LET'S PARTY!!

Thank you to everyone who was able to make it out for her first birthday. It was a very special day and I'm glad we were able to spend it with family and friends. It was nice to share this moment with close friends too - some I haven't seen in awhile. I know Adriana appreciates every person and every gift :) She is a very lucky girl and I'm sure she knows it!

No comments:

Post a Comment