Sunday, January 27, 2013

Realizing you now have a Toddler

Holy moly. Ladies and Gents....I have a toddler. Not a baby. I have a full blown little one year old girl. Crap.

A little while ago, I read a blog about how another mommy felt about having a toddler. I found it kinda funny and said to myself that I have some time before that happens to me. But damn! It crept out of nowhere and now I'm finding myself in the same situation. I have a toddler. A full fledge, food eating, non stop talking, walking, yelling, screaming, laughing toddler. Crap crap crap!
Now I have a whole new set of worries. Its no longer about how long my baby sleeps - that will be minimal now. Its not about what foods she likes - she will just play with it, mush it in her hands, put it in her hair, but attempt to get some in her mouth.
Its now about keeping tabs on her at all times - shes curious, like her mommy was ;) Its about setting an example of good eating habits (bye bye MacDonalds....quarter pounders were so good to me!) and no television while eating; dinner is for family time. Ugghh....I now have to watch what I say. Adriana already tries to copy people. This morning she tried to say Breakfast. Pretty impressive if you ask me. Although, more book reading will be helpful! She loves her books, especially eat them....
I think I'm at the point where I've realized some things about myself. I'm 27 years old, my boyfriend is 29 in a few months and we have a one year old. Wow. Life catches you by surprise some times. I love it.

Adriana has been nothing but a true blessing to us. Shes a typical kid but boy is she smart. Smarter than we expected. We cannot occupy her with simple things - she would rather play with (and know how to use) toys for 18+mths instead of toys her age. She understands a lot more too. We talk to her like a normal child and she responds in her gibberish. We don't quite understand her but we can hear some actual words! She responds appropriately too. When we ask her to do some thing....she tries to do it. If we ask her a question, she tries to answer it. Its not just talking to talk - she has a conversation: baby to mommy/daddy way of course.

Her ability to walk, talk, bend, observe, point, etc is quite developed. The other day we Skyped with her Uncle Tim in Australia - he is usually working when we're on so it was nice for them to have their own date. She was talking to him, showing him her books, putting the spoon on her nose like him, waving, etc. He commented about her development and how she grasps the concept of Skype and conversing between people. They have only been gone for about 6mths and she's been able to do so much in that short time! We make a point to have regular weekly skype dates in order for Adriana to remember them. We talk about them as if they were down the street!

This has already been so much fun for us. We could never ask for anything more - except another one of her! I leave you all with a hilarious video from the weekend. Adriana had a fascination with one of the nesting tables at my mom's house. The Table won.

****Sorry the video will not upload right now - I will do some editing!****

No comments:

Post a Comment