Saturday, January 26, 2013

Snow, Snow, and More Snow

It has been a crazy week of ridiculously cold weather here! I'm up early and on my way to work by 630 every morning but this week I was barely making it out the door by then! I have this amazing attachment to my heated blanket, duvet, pillow...gosh my whole darn bed!! I think the coldest day was Wednesday so far, with a good -26. That was the day I asked very nicely if my boyfriend would drive me to work for just this once. Adriana was up early and it was THE coldest its been in awhile. Usually, I take the bus to avoid waking her up and having to get her bundled and in the car just to drive for 10mins. Yes, I work that close to home :)

Adriana had two teeth coming in and now the one on the bottom has gone back down! Poor little girl; poor Daddy. It was almost all the way up there and then I noticed it wasn't there anymore (I highly doubt my baby is into losing teeth already! lol) I am thankful that its just the one and its over for a bit now. She was definitely back to herself yesterday! You would have never known she went to the Doctors for her 2 other first year needles :D This is exactly why we feel blessed. She was walking around chatting it up, chasing the dogs...riding the dogs, eating Shreddies out of the cupboard lol Typical baby stuff!

This whole Shreddies thing came about when my mom wanted to keep some hand snacks in the house - Adriana is almost completely off the jarred baby food and she loves to feed herself. My Dad decided to let her play in the pantry where she took all the canned peas and diced tomatoes out. Then she found the Shreddies. She doesn't dump them on the floor - surprisingly - but instead she reaches in and grabs a few at a time. She also tries to share with the dogs...what a sweetheart. Next time I will have to get this on video to share!

Last night Adriana the porker was back to eating her normal ways! This is exciting because she literally will eat anything we give her. She had 2 meatballs, 1.5 slices of garlic bread, some pasta, half a tray of blackberries, and some yogurt. Did I mention she ate 1 quick jar of Turkey Stew before we left our house to go see the Grandparents? Porkieeeeee! She loved it all and its amazing that she had her night time bottle only 30mins later. We are also thankful we always sat her in the highchair to eat with us. Dinner time is Family time.

She slept like a log too - until about 3am when we heard her crying a bit. Her teeth again. She never gets a bottle in the middle of the night. I have spent over an hour rocking her back to sleep before and I don't plan on that changing! She is fine to go the whole night without a midnight feeding. I am not getting into the habit of feeding her just to go back to sleep either. She can have her suckie, a blanket and a good cuddling rock with Mommy. This is also how we got her to sleep 6-8hrs after 2weeks :D :D

So to all my fellow mommies and soon to be mommies, have patience! The less you react the less your baby will do - Adriana was on this yelling and screaming fix and now its over (hopefully forever!) because we didn't react to it in the slightest. We simply would tell her No Screaming, be Nice, and gave lots of kisses. Its merely to see how far she can push our buttons but keeping calm really works!....a tip I read on Pinterest. Now we have our normally chatty, almost smiling, funny little girl back. Its amazing what patience can do for you: during pregnancy and after baby is here! If you don't have it....start learning how to get it - its a Life Saver.




Now I will leave you with a short video of Adriana! 
Sorry its sideways and shakey!! I was doing it all freehand - should have rested my elbow on the table or something :S This little monkey is covered in food - purple mouth from blackberries, red from pasta and meatballs, and she's still eating yogurt! She also thinks shes pretty funny.....Love her!!



How have your baby's eating patterns changed over the months?
Do they like trying new foods?...this was the first time Adriana ate blackberries.
What sort of messy foods have they gotten themselves into so far? Pasta seems to be a favourite.

No comments:

Post a Comment