Sunday, April 21, 2013

Another Weekend of Eventful Events

*Phew* Seriously! I think we barely stopped this whole weekend. After finishing work on Friday, the boyfriend and I were exhausted and opted to just grab some Extreme Pita and go home. Adriana was pooped from her busy week too. Although we had good intentions when we grabbed a few beers and a bottle of wine - didn't even open the wine until late Saturday night!

Saturday morning, I was able to sleep in a bit (later than 7am anyways!) and got ready to head out on a small road trip with Adriana and my sister, Jill. This was a nice break for the boyfriend to just relax, nap, play video games, and do whatever he wanted for a few hours! I was even nice enough to only leave him a sort list of things to do. I'm awesome. Jill and I made a stop for some food at Tim Horton's; Adriana had a couple of Timbits too! We were off to Niagara Falls to do some outlet shopping :) Too bad Adriana and I don't have our passports yet or else we would have crossed the border for even better deals. Next time for sure. I really had my heart set on one place to go and of course get something for Adriana! Its not like the Outlet mall (Plaza...really) is that big but the selection of stores are pretty good.
The last time I went shopping there was a few years ago when I had my heart set on a different store - which I didn't even bother to go to this time! I had asked begged the boyfriend to drive me down........and my mom lol She doesn't drive the highway and well....I don't drive at all. Best boyfriend ever! That time we went only to the Coach store. This time my heart was set on Michael Kors. I bought myself a very well deserved new purse and I promised that I wouldn't buy anything else for the year. I said the same thing years before when we went to the Coach store too. I'm no liar either.

We went to Carter's too since every store has a different selection. Adriana picked out some awesome hot pink sequence shoes and 3 spring outfits. She is going to look adorable in every one of them! She insisted on wearing her new shoes as soon as we paid for them. Seriously, the cashier even cut the tags off for us!! She is hilarious though. Showing off her pink shoes the whole time we pushed her around in the stroller. The ladies at Michael Kors loved her shoes too. Every time you said the word 'Shoe' she would stick her feet out straight and look at them. God love her!
Adriana did amazingly well on the long trip - not the longest she's been on but it gets harder to keep them occupied as they get older! She actually fell asleep on the way there and the way back. Easy peasy! My only issue with the trip is the "new" rules of the highway. When the hell was it UNexceptable to do 120km/hr in the fast lane? Seriously, there were people actually flashing their highbeams for us to move! I couldn't believe it....we have a baby in the car, doing well over the 100km speed limit and these people have the audacity to call us morons. Did I miss something over the years? Do speed limits not apply anymore?

Our Saturday calmed down a bit after we got back to the city. We spent some time at my parents house, where Adriana ended up spending the night with them. Since they were sick and then we were sick, they haven't really seen her for 2 weeks! So some time with Gran and Grandad was needed - Mommy and Daddy get a break too! The boyfriend and I ended up going for some dinner and watching the hockey game. Go Leafs Go! We came home to watch the rest of the game and finally cracked open the bottle of wine we picked up the night before. I already had a head start during dinner and the boyfriend opted for a few beers but joined me with the wine at home. It was nice to have some "US" time....its just been so crazy lately.

Sunday was definitely more relaxing than Saturday. Started it off with breakfast for two at our favourite spot - Bobby's Hideaway. Nothing better! Then we went to pick up a baptism gift and then to get our little lady. God I missed her. She obviously had lots of fun with my parents because she did NOT want to leave. My dad was nice enough to walk her out and get her settled in the car so it wasn't that bad when we pulled away. She's one lucky little girl to have so many people love her more than anything. We were definitely proud today when we were at the church for Caleb's baptism. She sat on her Daddy's lap and read her new book "Brown Bear, Brown Bear what do you see?" She loves it! She was clearly hungry too because when we went to the restaurant she was diving into the veggies, fruit and crackers they had laid out. We couldn't stay long since we were expected for dinner at her Nana's house. Who turns down Chinese food anyways?! Adriana had a bunch of beef and broccoli, shrimp, chicken, and noodles. Then we topped it off with 4slices of cucumber.

Finally sitting down tonight, after Adriana's bath and bottle for the night, to watch Game of Thrones. Love this show!! I would love to have a dragon of my own. So its already that time and I must say this weekend went quickly but it was enjoyed. Every minute  of it was definitely enjoyed. We may not be the traditional family (baby but no wedding) but I love those who are part of it. I really do cherish Adriana - more so after I blog about her......she is my world.


p.s. Did I mention Adriana says Daddy and doggie now too? Video to come soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment