Sunday, July 7, 2013

July is Off to a Great Start

So much happening every weekend! I truly love keeping busy with Adriana and the boyfriend :)
Friday was my mom's birthday and also Adriana turned 1.5years old!! We were all excited for my mom to open her gift: a Michael Kor's bracelet! Ya I know, we're the best kids ever. I know. Then we went to the Mandarin for some dinner. Although Adriana wasn't the hungriest person - she did try some new foods! She was more fascinated in her fancy kids cup lol
Saturday was nice - we all slept in and then went for lunch. Adriana and I shared some Greek food and Daddy had some Manchu Wok (his favourite). They boyfriend's Sciatica has been acting up so he went to lay down at home. Aunt Jill and I took Adriana and Tango to the BEACH! It wasn't really a beach but more a park - Jack Darling Park to be exact. We ended up meeting Steph and Grover there too. Two dogs and a toddler, I thought was going to be a nightmare but it was awesome! Both dogs were so good together and with other people around too. Adriana was fascinated by all the new faces and the ability to roam (within a short distance of me) She really never goes far, ever, so I wasn't worried. With my camera in hand, we were able to get some really great shots of Adriana near the walking around, near the water, eating ice cream and walking with doggies.















Saturday continued with a night with Auntie Jill and Step while Mommy and Daddy had a quiet night together. Some good pub food and drinks on a patio, followed by some drinks at home! Late night of hitting dingers on Flick Homerun (if you don't know about this game - download it now!) It doesn't sound like much but quiet quality time together means more than you know.

On Sunday we got to visit the boyfriend's Aunt Susan and Uncle Mark from Alberta. Its been about a year since Uncle Mark got to see Adriana but this was the first time Aunt Susan met her. Adriana was at her cutest of course - she loves meeting new people. After a we said our goodbyes and had a good nap (yes all of us) we went for a trip to Petsmart. We didn't need anything but Adriana loves all the dogs and there is usually plenty on Sundays.

Since Saturday afternoon, Adriana has been saying Gandad (aka Grandad but she can't say R's just yet) so we went back to visit my parents for a few hours. She was so helpful with the laundry, making the beds, etc. Everything was going good until Adriana called me by my first name! Seriously....what the heck do I do now? No I wasn't hearing things either. Clear as day. Oh and not just once but twice. Ya thanks Mom.
On the bright side, Adriana really wanted to sit on the toilet to go pee pee. She told me she wanted to so I stripped her down and held her up on the toilet while we talked about doing her pee pee in the toilet. She didn't do anything but tried and then grabbed some toilet paper to flush down. Surprisingly, she wasn't afraid of the flush! These are all really good signs so I will be buying a potty this week to keep around the house and a seat for travels. This is a big step for everyone and I want it go right. No pressure for anyone! I am one happily excited Mommy :D

On the note of potty training: we don't want to press it because we will be leaving for Newfoundland in less than 3weeks which would just set us back unless she can be fully trained by then. I found some really good tips for hardcore potty training in just 3days. I read several reviews about this method and I am fascinated in trying it out. I might just try it! This would only mean she is potty trained during the day and would continue to wear a diaper or pull up at night. However, that is a big step on its own and I will definitely think about accepting the challenge.



When was your child ready for potty training?
What method worked for you?
Share your story below or email info@hillsidemommy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment