Wednesday, July 18, 2012

How to Deal with a Heat Wave?

It has been disgustingly hot here! I'm not even sure how to deal with it some days. Between sitting in my underwear, naked baby rolling around in her playpen, big black (rottweiler) dog...I don't know how much we can take! Unfortunately, the downside to living in an older home is the lack of air conditioning. We make due with fans (big fans!) and trips to the mall - where the AC is on full blast. Thank you City of Mississauga lol
Lets see...the weather has been 28+ but feels like 40+. I looked at The Weather Network for my area and it looks like there is no end in site; hardly even rain! I'm not here to complain but more to learn how to embrace this sticky hot weather! Any suggestions from anyone south of me on how to deal with it?
I have a blow up pool for Adriana but its been too hot for us to sit in it! We have a brand new BBQ (bought for the boyfriend on Father's Day) used only once because its been too hot to BBQ! This is crazy. I even have 3 giant trees shading my big backyard and still the humidity is killing it.

There was a short thunderstorm yesterday, which one could assume that would help the humidity, but no. It was still 32C today or 89F. For the pass three days, its been 44C (or 113F) here in the city. We're beating heat records left, right and center!!

What do you do to cool down on a hot day?
Any good Popsicle recipes?
What's your favourite Freezie?
Have you tried to make homemade ice cream?

No comments:

Post a Comment