Monday, September 10, 2012

Words at 8 months old

Don't you just love when that first word slurs out of your baby's mouth? At first you're not sure if you heard them right, and then you hear it again - and again! You smile from ear to ear, maybe even swooping your baby up in glee! Best feeling ever whether its Mama or Dada.
Now what happens if you baby says everything BUT Mama! Ughh....its very frustrating!

I love Adriana - love her talking, but really wish she would say Mama now lol She seriously says anything else but that. Dada was her first real word and I was the only one who heard it. I video taped it for my boyfriend to believe me - then posted it for the world to see! That was several months ago and still no Mama. Most babies don't say nearly as many words as she says at 8months, however, they do say both Dada and Mama by this time.

Is this a sign? Lord I hope not! I think Mama should be the next word. I mean...9months of being pregnant, 24.5hrs of labour, LABOUR!, all these months taking care of you, playing with you, feeding and bathing you - all I ask is she say Mama. Too much? I don't think so!
In alphabetical order, she says:

Baba
Dada
Gaga
Haha
Lala
Papa
Rara
Wawa

Not bad for Eight Months old eh. She's pretty darn smart. She will look at my boyfriend and say Dada. Papa is an attempt at Uncle Pat (my sister's husband) and of course everyone wants her to say their name next. C'mon people....what about me?
I have tried whispering it in her ear, tapping my chest while saying it - to make the association, asking her to say it, yelling it - which she yells back "Dada". It's battle and I'm clearly losing right now. Adriana 1 - Mommy 0. Ugh!



What new words is your baby saying?
What was their first word?

No comments:

Post a Comment