Sunday, September 22, 2013

First Swimming Lesson and Pigtails


Last Sunday was Adriana's very first official swimming lesson. She's been swimming for some time but I figured it was a good idea to make it official. She's been doing amazing!! Seriously, she totally gets everything that we're doing in the class and today we were dunking babies. She still has to get used to going under water - with her mouth closed. She doesn't mind it but tends to keep her mouth open! Pool water = gross. She has been able to blow bubbles (her favourite!), kick, float on her back, jump off the side and go down the slide by herself. She absolutely loves going down the slide!! On Wednesday, I took her fun swimming and that's all she wanted to do for over 10mins straight. It was good practice considering there were only 6 other people in the pool. It was fun letting her swim around by herself - next time I will get her in a life jacket so she can be more independent. Can't wait!!

I know what you're thinking....melts my friggin heart!! This was my surprise when I picked her up from daycare this week. I have tried everything to get Adriana's hair under control without her ripping it out. Apparently, using the reason "surprise for mommy and daddy" works wonders! She let daycare put her hair in pigtails and kept them in all day. I honestly had a smile plastered to my face ALL THE WAY HOME! Even before I left we were taking pictures of her because I didn't think she would make it home with them - she did. She was proud to show me her new hair do too. Love her to bits and pieces! Definitely going to try this hair do again myself. I hope it stays for at least half the day!

 Adriana was so tired but I was able to convince her to take a pic with me in her new elephant pajamas. I love her willingness to please me even when she's tired!
 Adriana taking a walk in the rain with Mommy and Daddy on Saturday afternoon. She's not afraid to get a little wet! She absolutely loves my umbrella and most people are surprise she knows what it is! The best part of a rainy day is the way her curls become more prominent around her head. Its amazing!
I saved the BEST for last! Not sorry for the baby nude - seriously it was too cute not to take a pictures. Adriana loves to colour so I found her some bath crayons so she can colour more often now. She was writing all over the tub and all over the walls - I wasn't even mad! These things simply wipe off with a cloth. Also noticed that most of her drawing was with her left hand.....possibly like her Daddy and Grandad? Can't wait! Also, I'm not sure if I love her rolls or the amount of dimples all over her bum?!

We had our random Doctor visit this week for a simple check up. Adriana stands at 90cm tall, putting her in the 98th percentile and weights 29lbs, putting her in the 91st percentile. She's definitely going to be like her Daddy - beautiful and tall! Her learning ability is advanced according to the doctor and shes more than healthy. Nothing to worry about, Mommy! She had been slowing down with her eating and I wanted to make sure she wasn't losing weight......definitely not the case. It was 2 months ago that we last visited the doctor for her 18mth check up. Growing girl she is!!

No comments:

Post a Comment