Sunday, September 1, 2013

September is Here

I hate to burst everyone's bubble but September is here. You know what that means. Back to school for the kiddies of course but it also means Fall is just around the corner!! After such a wickedly hot and humid summer I'm actually looking forward to Fall. The crisp air, the leaves, my birthday (oops!) lol So I threw that one in there because its happening in exactly 1month today. Yikes! Of course I am probably one of the only people I know that still get excited for their birthday. Not because its this huge extravagant party celebrations filled with booze, dancing, gifts, etc. (i wish!) No, I get excited because I'm one of few friends that haven't hit the big 3-0 yet (sorry - not sorry). I don't mind celebrating my age! I have come a long way from the big celebratory ages of 19th and 21st birthdays - those days are gone but boy did I make them worth it! Now I'm a Mommy who just simply enjoys celebrating her birthday with her daughter, boyfriend and dog. I don't need anything crazy: just a card, some wine and company. Its nice when people just remember when its your birthday!

I know its been a little longer than normal since I wrote something. I'm sorry! Life gets busy, you know how it is. I am actually in a bit of transition period. With no work and a much harder time that I thought finding a new job again - I have looked at the option for returning to school on a full time basis. I will continue to take my online program but need to make a change bigger than just part time courses. I still have some things to smooth out before its official. Very excited about this actually!!

Little Miss Adriana is still in daycare and loves it! She has learned to say the other kids names and loves singing songs. She's getting so big too! I've been working on a cute little Fall wardrobe for her. Just need rain boots, umbrella and perhaps a pair of jeans. Can't wait for some great Fall pictures!!
Speaking of pictures: we had our family pictures done again. It's amazing how much we've changed in one year. I actually had the same pose of Adriana taken and compared them - wow!!

 Adriana went on her first camel ride! MuslimFest was happening so we went to walk around. When she saw the camel she actually called it a horse! But wasn't afraid at all to get on it for a ride. She was nervous of the height - thats why I held on to her the whole time!!
Helping Mommy make some Jello Chocolate Pudding. She was really good at stirring the mix but she didn't care to lick the spoon. Crazy!!


We have some great things coming up for our family. Some big changes, some great news to share, and some new goals to make. Although this is a scary time for us, it is really going to change things for the long term. I am a firm believer in keeping faith, especially when times are hard, and remembering to keep focused on the end results. It's never too late to make the necessary changes for your family - for yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment