Friday, August 17, 2012

Back to School Shopping - for Baby!

It's nearing the end of August...ugh that means summer is almost over!! On the plus side, it also means back to school shopping. I took advantage of the sales this week for Adriana and bought her some fall clothes :) Just because she's not nearly old enough for school, doesn't mean I can't take advantage of the sales!! C'mon fellow Mommies....think frugal! Christmas is coming and as your baby grows he/she will need more clothes before the end of the year! Why wait until the last minute to get deals on clothes, toys, etc. when they basically have the same sale for Back to School shoppers?

I didn't hesitant to hit the mall yesterday. I bought some long pants, long sleeve shirts, cardigans, and even tried to find her some good solid running shoes! Unfortunately, I failed miserably at the shoe part...who knew trying to find size 3 shoes would be so difficult? I even went a little further and got Adriana a new toy - took a peek at what else to buy her for Christmas too! She loves her barnyard animals :)

The Frugal Mommy that I am - I headed straight for Walmart. Adriana has enough dresses to last her until she's 2 years old (seriously). So I knew I would be looking for pants and long sleeve shirts. Each piece was $4-$8ec! Four long sleeved shirts (my fave says "Daddy's Little Angel"), 3 pairs of long pants, a pink cardigan, and her barnyard animal toy - equals $50. Not too shabby.

This will be Adriana's first Christmas and I want it to be special - like mine have always been! I will not buy her anymore toys or clothes until then, of course unless she needs new clothes since she grows so quickly! I will start buying and putting away to wrap for Christmas now and then I won't have to deal with rushing to the malls during the hustle and bustle Christmas shoppers. They were not very nice when I was pregnant last year - I highly doubt they will be any different this year with a baby in a stroller. You can never be too prepared for Christmas!

Happy Friday, Happy Shopping, Happy Weekend!!

What are your plans for the weekend?
Do you have Back to School shopping to do?
Are you starting your Christmas shopping early or saving it for the last minute?
Leave your comments below or email me here!

No comments:

Post a Comment